I work at a country radio station – CKNX AM 920 – in Wingham, Ontario. Some days I look at the song titles, and think, ‘Oh Lord, I have to say this?’ And so, for this post for the Ketchup With Us blog post by numbers challenge – hosted by Michele at ODNT and Mel at According to Mags – I decided to list…
Twelve of the Funniest, Oddest, and Most Embarrassing Country Song Titles I’ve Had to Say On Air
1) Lonely Women Make Good Lovers – awkward…
2) Did I Shave My Legs for This?
3) Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy – uncomfortable…
4) She Thinks My Tractor’s Sexy
5) She’s Actin’ Single and I’m Drinkin’ Doubles
6) Honky Tonk Badonkadonk
7) Friends in Low Places
8) You’d Make An Angel Want to Cheat – oh boy…I keep hoping this one doesn’t come up during the Sunday morning “inspirational” hours, just because it has the word “angel” in it!
9) Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under
10) Crackers – this one goes, “You can eat crackers in my bed anytime!”
11) She Just Started Likin’ Cheatin’ Songs
12) I’d Love to Lay You Down – this is perhaps the most uncomfortable one for me, and I play this song on a regular basis!
Don’t get me wrong, I love the music I play. And I’m often in the studio singing my heart out and disturbing the other announcers in the room next to me or the newsies upstairs! However, when I have to say something about “riding” a cowboy to the listening audience which is largely conservative and mature, I feel weird about it. Would you?
You still have time to get in on the blog posts by number challenge for this month from the Ketchup With Us ladies – Michele and Mel – and all you have to do is write a list blog with a number in the title. Easy peasy! And then share it with them via their websites and/or on Twitter: @olddognewtits and @accordingtomags.