In honour of Father’s Day, and my husband, Scott, who is a fantastic daddy, I wanted to make this blog post by number – for the Ketchup With Us challenge, courtesy of Michele at ODNT and Mel at According to Mags – about him. More specifically, this post is…
Five Ways My Husband is a Fabulous Father
1) He watches princess movies with Zoey. The other night, when Zoey wasn’t feeling well, Scott asked her, “Do you want to go downstairs and watch ‘Secret of the Wings’?” I had no idea what he was talking about. It’s a Tinkerbell movie, and obviously they’ve watched it together before! He also gets up early with her in the morning (letting me sleep a little longer!), and watches A LOT of “Wow! Wow! Wubbzy” with her.
2) He read all of the Harry Potter books to and with Zander. And he followed them up with the movies. This was all before we went to Universal Studios last summer, so Zander would know all about Hogwarts and the world of Harry Potter to get the most out of the visit to the park. They even tried to make their own version of Butterbeer, and had Harry Potter days too.
3) He pretends to be a puppy for Zoey, and “fetches” things for her. Zoey LOVES puppies, and so she loves everything to do with them. This includes pretending to be one and to have one. This started as a Mommy activity, but I think Daddy is just a better (more eager and more nimble) puppy than Mommy is!
4) He wrestles and plays superheroes with Zander. Although Zander is less interested in these two things now than he was in the past, my husband spent a lot of time then playing with him. He still does, when Zander wants him to. He’s an eager playmate!
5) He takes care of the kids – both of them – every weekend while I work at the radio station. He even maintains his sanity! 🙂
My children are incredibly lucky to have such a loving, playful, and hands-on father as Scott. And I consider myself just as lucky, because my kids are happy, taken care of, and well-loved by him, as am I!
If you’d like to join in on the fun, and participate in the Ketchup With Us blog posts by number challenge, just visit Michele and Mel’s websites for details.