It’s day 6 of the Ketchup With Us blog challenge, from Michele at ODNT and Mel at According to Mags. This month they are challenging bloggers to write a numbered post…or more. They are writing a post a day, and I thought I’d try to take the same challenge. In the last few months I haven’t been feeling very inspired and so I haven’t been writing much on my blog. This challenge came along at the right time, and now I’m inspired and invigorated! And speaking of, what normally leaves you inspired and invigorated? Is it a vacation? Well it just so happens that this sixth post for the month is about my family vacation to Florida last summer, and, most specificially, my…
Six Favourite Moments from our Disney (World) Vacation
1) Magic Kingdom’s Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! Street Party. How much fun is this?? It was my absolute favourite thing at Walt Disney World. We saw it more than once, and we participated as well! I grabbed my 2 year old and ran into the street (when it was called for), and we danced with Jessie and Woody from “Toy Story”, Chip and Dale, and Goofy. I think EVERY place should have party breaks throughout the day!
2) Having lunch at the Crystal Palace with Winnie the Pooh, Piglet, Tigger, and Eeyore. Not only was the food plentiful and delicious, but we had several visits from the characters from the Hundred Acre Wood. They were accommodating for the MANY pictures we asked them to pose with us for, and came back when we asked for more!
3) Meeting the many characters at the parks. They must have been baking in their costumes, because it was August and extremely hot outside, but the characters were always pleasant, obliging, and animated. I actually think I was more excited than anyone else in my family when we met them (I was the one saying, “Okay, we need to go line up here for Mickey and Minnie,” and “Let’s go in that building, so we can see Donald, Daisy, Minnie, and Goofy!”). Luckily the kids loved it too.
4) The fireworks at Magic Kingdom. Wow! Spectacular! My son has not been a fireworks fan: we have fantastic seats from our deck to see the Canada Day fireworks in our town, and he’s not wanted to watch more than a few minutes. So, I didn’t think he’d want to see them at Disney. My parents convinced him, and I’m glad they did. He loved them. ( Zoey, on the other hand, stayed inside a store with Daddy while they were going off because she was scared…but she does watch the short video I took of them, so it’s kind of like she was there.)
5) The rides at the parks. My son became a thrill-seeker while on vacation in Florida. Not only did he go on Splash Mountain and Space Mountain, but he went on Everest at Animal Kingdom, too. I almost peed my pants when I went on the Barnstormer rollercoaster (and to the dude who worked at that ride: THAT WAS NUTS!). I enjoyed the “tamer” rides, and my son humored me by going on them with me.
6) Happy children. Seeing the smiles on my kids’ faces was the best part of the trip. They were happy, excited, and having fun. It’s a trip they won’t soon forget.
I can’t wait to go back, whenever that may be! Hopefully it’ll be sooner rather than later. And maybe I’ll even be daring enough to try one of those crazy rides…or not…